Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Tuesday-- Lauren Dane's Laid Bare


Having spent most of my time in Egypt doing things other than reading (although I did pick up some thirty year old Harlequin Presents written in Arabic-- too cool) I have been on something of a book binge since I got home two weeks ago. Despite the fact that I have a book due in 12 days (Dark Embers-- my first dragon shifter paranormal w/a Tessa Adams) I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. So for me to say that my favorite book from the last two weeks-- and probably last two, three, or four months-- is Lauren Dane's Laid Bare is saying something.


But I have to tell you, if you've never read Dane before, this is the book to start with. It's an erotic romance, heavy on the romance and the erotic journey of its main characters. The book follows Todd, a straight-laced, by-the-book kind of guy as he falls in love with Erin, a rocker chick completely at home with herself and her sexuality. Their love story isn't an easy one, however-- it includes a ten-year separation, a marriage for him, losing a child for her, and a bunch of other things to boot. But it is truly a beautiful story of love and redemption and finding happiness when you least expect it. I highly recommend it!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just finished the 4 Chase Brothers books. They were amazing. It's about the brothers but the female characters were incredible especially the matriarch. Laid Bare is the next ine I'll read.
    tennismom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you'll like it. It's sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a copy on the way--definitely looking forward to reading this! Thanks for the rec, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tracy, that's very high praise indeed!

    ReplyDelete