Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Survived Tropical Storm Hermine!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but Tropical Storm Hermine blew through my area and played absolute havoc with my internet service. But the worst seems to have past and except for a bunch of flooding in various areas (the gas station near my house is half underwater) things are back to normal.

Or as normal as they can get in my life, anyway, LOL!

The birthday party was a ton of fun the other day-- though it went on for 27 hours. Lunch and the movie were a huge hit, followed by a pinata, cake and ice cream, and a sleepover that didn't end until the last boy left at 3:00 the next afternoon. Whew! But my boys had a lot of fun and that's all that matters, right? Thanks so much for asking, everyone. I can't believe my babies are growing up so fast.

And thanks for filling me in on what's going on with you guys. I really did miss you this month and hope to keep posting regularly, as I love to hear from you. Glad everyone's doing well and wishing you all a wonderful school year (or rest of this year, if you don't have kidlets running around).

Other than that, I'm deep at work on one of my 2011 books, so I will write more when the deadline isn't hanging over my head like an albatross :)

And with no further ado, the winner of Rachel Caine's latest Weather Warden book is Blanche, who's comment number was picked by the birthday boy himself! Stop back again soon, though, as I'll have bunches of giveaways in the weeks ahead-- I brought back a bunch of stuff from nationals that I'm dying to send out into the world.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner!

    A storm? Floods? I never like a swim at the best of times. ;) B-day sounds like it was one chaotic mass of fun.

    Hope you have a great Wednesday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kayleigh! and yes, floods. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.....THANK YOU so much to the Birthday boy!!

    Good to hear you are all safe and that you had a great time at the party!!

    Thanks again, I'm looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow honey.... you have had a plate full! Wow. Sorry to hear about the storm affecting you guys. Hubs is in Texas working right now... and they got slammed with some weather the other night.

    I hope all is well honey and Miss you too!!!!
    Hugs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete