Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby, It's Cooooooold Outside

I know, I know.  Many of you live in places that make you laugh when I say it's cold outside.  But remember, I'm a southern California girl transplanted to central Texas and it doesn't take much to make me shiver.  At the moment, all it's taking is 30 degree weather with a cold wind that chills me straight to my bones.  I guess Mother Nature forgot where she was ... and from what I understand, her memory lapse is going to continue for at least a week or two, getting colder almost every day. 

My poor boys so don't have the clothes for this!  Of course, the three of them are hoping it will rain so that we'll get an ice day or three (as happened a couple of years back).  Or even better snow.  We've lived in Austin six years and it's snowed exactly twice-- something my oldest reminds me of every January.  Not like I could forget the sight of all the neighborhood kids sliding down my driveway on plastic container lids (the best answer to a sled we have here in Texas ;)

So tell me, what's the weather like where you live?  Terrible or tropical?  Freezing or break out the fan?  Misery loves company after all ....

7 comments:

  1. its only 11 degrees here in Frostburg,MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 43 degrees here this morning and I'm in So Cal and I'm freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is freezing here in Ontario, Canada. -17 celsius with wind chill; I guess that's close to 0 farenheit. Sunny today though we got about 4=5 inches of snow saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Regina and Diane, I'll stop whinin ;) But Blanche, you know how I feel, right???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold but above freezing at least. It may rain again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel Tracy! I have friends who live way further East and they don't feel sorry for me at all, they laugh at me when I say it is cold! We are use to triple digit heat, when it gets in the 50's or lower our thin blood can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. It's even colder today ... Not above freezing :(

    ReplyDelete